Monday, June 22, 2015

Umbrella and Rain

It's Spring, with rain showers and storms. I love it, so do my girls. One day, as we walked together to the car sharing one big umbrella in my hands, my older girl started telling her little sister, "You know, I remember one time, when I was at Kindergarten, mom tried to walk me from the car to the class with her umbrella, but the wind was so strong, it blew the umbrella inside out! We got wet! But mommy got more wet than I did! For I was hiding next to mommy, and she was holding me with her arm!"

I then quickly follow along the line, using the opportunity, asked my girls, "So, what do you think, whenever we feel like we are very sad or hurt, as if we got soaking wet in life, would Jesus be there? Or he would just let us stand in the rain all by ourselves?" Big girl said, "Of course Jesus would be there! He would be like mama, holding the big umbrella, and we just hide next to Him." Little girl said, "Jesus is there!"

I then added, "Yes, you are right! Even if He let us get a little wet, we just need to remember that He actually is trying to hold on to that umbrella and is getting more wet than we do; but is still protecting us!"

There, just like that, as simple as a conversation we have while walking in the rain with the umbrella, God reminded (is reminding) me that He is there, has always been there, holding the umbrella for me and my family, even though we still got wet a little.

Thank you Lord,
Thank you Jesus,
For telling me Your Truth,
And showing me Your Love,
Out of the mouth of Angel girls' you entrusted me to care for!

And it's because -
Because You love me so ~ .

No comments:

Post a Comment