Wednesday, April 1, 2015

On 7/23/2005, Almost Ten Years Ago I wrote ...


Psalms 112:10 "...the desire of the wicked will perish."... How can we be sure that our longings are godly? We can examine their source. What needs do they spring from? What purpose will they fulfill? If they exist to satisfy our own insecurities and plans, we need to reconsider them. They should spring from the love of God and His word. When they do, they will be fulfilled. God has promised. ......Is your heart in line with God? ... (by Chris Tiegreen, The One Year Walk with God)

There are so many things we want and chase after in this life, on this earth. Things like career, family, money, friendship, and romantic relationship...etc You name it. how often we would say to ourselves or even others, "Only if I could achieve this, or After I have achieved this step, I will be able to feel contained; I will be able to do so much more; I will be able to...???" There is always something...yet...the truth is, nothing will ever make us satisfied; make us contained; make us happy; NOTHING WILL EVER FILL UP OUR BOTTOMLESS CUP!, our desire and our heart is in line with HIS! UNLESS, whatever we do we do for the glory of GOD. In all aspect of our life. From as little as "what shall I wear?" to as big as "which direction shall I go for the rest of my life?"

Personally, I think it's a life time lesson and searching. Yet, we can start to learn and get a hang of it as soon as we can. Am I doing it well? I doubt it. I am wrestling with Him daily about what I desire to have and about my future. What should I do for the rest of my life? Will I ever be blessed for having a family and kids? Will I ever be an orchestra player? Is that ;my own vanity or His will for me as well? ...countless questions...yet...I don't want to give up...I will never let go His hands...I will keep searching, seeking,, and trying...until He answers all my questions...until my job on this earth is done...until HE will be able to say to me, "Good job, my faithful servant!" ...Although I know, it's a long way to go...and I am just at the starting point. O Lord our God, grant us grace to desire Thee with our whole heart. ~ St. Anselm

No comments:

Post a Comment