The Easter weekend is here, after attending the Good Friday service this evening, I recalled this one particular Easter weekend that changed my life forever. Not really sure when it was, but possibly the same year I wrote my first blog post, in 2005.
That particular weekend, I was playing rehearsals and concerts with this orchestra, Haddonfield Symphony, currently named Symphony In C, in NJ. I didn't have a car then, so was touring on the bus provided by the orchestra. There was this girl, Jessica, devoted Christian, whose path God put across mine in order for us to walk together in our graduate study years. She was touring on the bus that weekend as well. It was late on Saturday night, after a long day and concert, we were on the bus, on the way back to Philly. Jessica and I somehow was not tired enough to stop talking, and so, the conversation got carried on.
(Before I go into details about the conversation, let me paint a thin layer of rough background. I had a few horrible romantic relationships growing up, and somehow found myself in that pattern again then, at that moment of my life. So, after attending this particular church with solid Bible teaching sermons, I was desperate in trying to figure many things out. Now back to that Saturday night)
Starting from this casual conversation, we got to talk about relationships; then romantic relationship, then I said, "Now after attending this solid Bible teaching church for sometime, and learning so much about God and His law, I feel so bad and guilty about myself. On top of that, I don't even know if I could ever get a nice Christian man to date me, let alone marrying one! " Although the details of Jessica's reply is somewhat a blur now, I remember her telling me, "You see, my friend, that's why Jesus die on the cross for us, to purchase us with a price - His blood - from the enemy, loosen up our chains, and set us free! You are His precious child. ...... " I then nodded, agreed but didn't really understand.
The next morning, on the Easter Sunday, Jessica and I were playing together again, this time as stand partner at the church. After all the routines, the sermons started. As it went on, I could not believe what I was hearing. The sermon, that sermon, I have heard it before, somewhere! But Where? When? How? ...... THE NIGHT BEFORE! It was the night before on that bus! No, I am not exaggerating! It was! It was not just a casual girls chat. It was God! He took the script from the pastor's file, through Holy Spirit, put it into Jessica's mind; then by using her willing heart and mouth, He let me preview / per-hear the sermon. So the next day, when I got to hear it again, He could make sure to tell me, "Yes, it's Me. You heard Me twice now. You are Mine. I have purchased you with a price, and I love you."
At the end of that sermon, Jessica and I looked at each other, she then said, "Did you hear that??" I replied, "I know! It's weird !" Needless to say, I had goose bumps all over, and could not stop my tears streaming down my face. I know right there and then, He was near; Holy Spirit was there. I was purchased with a price. I belong to Him. And, He loves me - that broken hearted, insecure, very lost, me. It was on that unforgettable Easter Sunday, I felt it for the first time - He loves me, He really does! He loves me so much that He died on that Cross for me. On the third day, He rose again from the dead, defeated the darkness with victory. I found my true love at last, on that Cross, with His blood, with His victory, and it was because ~
Because He Loves Me So.
No comments:
Post a Comment