Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Then this was written on 7/25/2005 ...

Psalm 146:1-2 {Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will singe praise to my God while I have my being.} 

This morning in Tenth Church, there was a lady on the stage, who has some kind of paralysis (which makes her lose her verbal, muscle and hearing abilities),sharing her faith with us.(sorry...I don't really know the exact term for the disease she has but can only describe what I saw from her appearance.) "How then did she share her faith?", you might ask. Well, thanks to our new computer technology, she was typing on the the stage via a computer that would speak for her. In normal settings, she communicates with people and "listen to sermons" by using sign language. However, she needed to put together all her strength to just barely control her arms movement, yet TYPE out those words that she would like to share (Sorry for not having exactly gotten to THE point yet, please bare with me.)

During the whole "speech", she shared about how God loves her, gave His only son to die for her, and give her His mercy and grace. Now, I assume there is nothing too new for us about this theology. However, it's not that the theology she shared surprised me but rather some words she shared through her "hard working typing" touched me. She said, "I know that He loves me and I love Him. Jesus is my best friend. Jesus is with me everyday. I know He died for me and I will be able to meet Him someday. By then, I will be in the new body. I will be able to move freely and I will be able to HEAR Him, TALK to Him, and SING PRAISES TO HIM OUT LOUD! Thank Him for loving me through people here in the church......I thank God for giving me the opportunity to share my faith and to be able to encourage one another..." 

How much have we, healthy people, been taking everything for granted?! We have ears to hear, yet don't listen as carefully as we should and can; we have well functioned body, yet don't do the job that we are supposed to do for God; we have voice, yet not only we don't speak with the right words to honor Him, nor do we sing or praise loud enough to worship Him! Moreover, we complaint to Him that we don't have "enough" in order to glorify Him! How selfish are we! How hypocritical are we! 

Even if we cannot sing "beautifully",Bible does say, "Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a JOYFUL NOISE to the rock of our salvation! ~ Psalm95:1-2" Even if we are not the richest people in the world, He does promise that we will have everything sufficiently and commends us to give generously. No to mention to give honor to Him and glorify Him with our life fully! So, what more excuses we can find? If a lady , who has all the weakness and sufferings, can give thanks, have the heart of worship, and moreover has so MUCH FAITH and such STRONG CONVICTION. Then, how much more we are able to do for Him??? 

It's not that He needs us...but about how much we can offer ourselves to be a part of His Kingdom Building Project...that's what it's all about...."Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him; sing praises to Him; tell of all His wondrous works! Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually! ~ 1 Chronicles 16:8-12

No comments:

Post a Comment